How to Apply
The Allied Health Professional Development Fund (AHPDF) provides grants for professional development activities which enhance skill, knowledge, practice, and service delivery. The maximum amount of grant funding for any professional in any funding year is $1,500. Applicants who did not receive $1,500 in the previous fiscal year will be given priority for funding. Funding is not guaranteed.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- be an audiologist, speech-language pathologist, dietitian, medical laboratory technologist, medical radiation technologist, occupational therapist, pharmacist, physiotherapist, or respiratory therapist (other professions are not eligible)
- be registered with their Ontario regulatory college when they are participating in the professional development activity
- be currently practicing or eligible to practice in their profession in Ontario
- not be employed outside of Ontario
- not have received AHPDF grants totalling $1,500 in the current funding year
Grants are to be used to pay for all or part of tuition costs, conference or workshop registration fees related to professional development activities that increase knowledge and skill. The professional development expenses must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- be one of the following expenses: tuition costs, workshops, or conference registration fees
- not be one of the following expenses: fees for exams, membership, or subscription; or costs not related to tuition or fees, such as books, tapes, travel, salary replacement, meals, accommodation
- be completed between April 1, 2016 and March 31, 2017
The total amount of the grant received is subject to income tax. Recipients of funding from the Allied Health Professional Development Fund are issued T4A tax information in accordance with the Income Tax Act. The T4A form outlines the total funding issued during the calendar year. This information is reported to the Canada Revenue Agency. The T4A forms for the 2016 calendar year will be sent to recipients of funding by the end of February 2017. For information about Canadian income tax law please contact the Canada Revenue Agency at www.cra-arc.gc.ca.
The following must be included in your completed application or it cannot be processed:
- A completed and signed application form (Note: please download the form before you enter data, otherwise the data you enter may not be saved.)
- A proof of payment (registration/tuition fees only)
- A proof of successful completion of (or attendance at) the professional development activity
- A void cheque or direct deposit form provided by your financial institution
Applicants must submit an application within 90 days of the completion date of the course/professional development activity or by March 31, 2017, whichever date comes first.
- Applications postmarked after March 31, 2017 are ineligible for funding in the 2016/2017 fiscal year
- Faxed information is marked by the fax machine as it is received. Faxed applications received after midnight on March 31, 2017 are ineligible (if at any time the fax lines are busy, e-mail or mail the application prior to March 31, 2017)
- Typewritten signatures on the application form cannot be accepted
- The applicant is required to keep copies of the application form, supporting documents, and fax confirmation or courier/registered mail receipt (if applicable) for their personal records.
- Late and/or incomplete applications will be declined.
- Please note that declined applications cannot be resubmitted.
Please Be Advised!
Only completed and signed application forms will be accepted. All fields of the application form, including the College Registration Number and the Social Insurance Number, must be completed.
Applications must be submitted using the application form currently posted on this website (applications submitted using outdated application forms will be declined). Applications from employers will not be accepted.
Late and/or incomplete applications will be declined. No exceptions will be made. Declined applications cannot be resubmitted. Funding is not guaranteed.
Allied Health Professional Development Fund
5025 Orbitor Drive, Building 4, Suite 200
Mississauga, ON, L4W 4Y5
(905) 602-6012 or (905) 602-6078
(Please ensure that all required documents are scanned and attached)
Due to a high volume of submissions, we are unable to confirm the receipt of applications or provide updates about the status of applications over the phone. Applicants will be sent a notification by email within an estimated six (6) weeks of the date of receipt.