HealthForceOntario provides financial support for health professionals through the Allied Health Professional Development Fund. The purpose of the fund is to develop clinical skills and enhance knowledge and leadership capacity among allied health professionals. Practicing members of nine allied health professions are eligible to apply for as much as $1,500 per year for professional development courses and programs.
The Allied Health Professional Development Fund (AHPDF) improves health care professionals’ access to professional development (PD) activities in order to:
- Advance clinical practice knowledge and skills to continuously improve the quality of patient care
- Contribute to the provision of more effective and efficient health care service delivery
- Advance clinical practices in priority health care areas identified in Patients First: An Action Plan for Health Care
- Integrate evidence into professional practice
- Assist health care professionals to become change agents and to adapt to changing expectations and patient health care needs
This year the fund will provide grants for professional development opportunities completed between April 1, 2016 and March 31, 2017. Please note that the 2015/2016 funding year ended on March 31, 2016.
Allied Health Professionals Eligible for Funding
The Allied Health Professional Development Fund (AHPDF) is directed by a Steering Committee comprised of representatives of regulatory colleges and professional associations. The mandate of the Steering Committee is to ensure the success of the fund by guiding the design, development, implementation, eligibility and evaluation criteria of the AHPDF, and providing collaborative advice and guidance to the fund administrator.
Applications are evaluated using a scoring system established by the Steering Committee in accordance with the objectives of the fund.
The information provided by applicants is used to make funding decisions. Should a decision be disputed, the applicant must submit a written request for a reassessment of his or her application as soon as possible after the notification has been received.