HealthForceOntario provides financial support for health professionals through the Allied Health Professional Development Fund. The purpose of the fund is to develop clinical skills and enhance knowledge and leadership capacity among allied health professionals. Practicing members of nine allied health professions are eligible to apply for as much as $1,500 per year for professional development courses and programs.
The Allied Health Professional Development Fund (AHPDF) improves health care professionals’ access to professional development (PD) activities in order to:
- Advance clinical practice knowledge and skills to continuously improve the quality of patient care
- Contribute to the provision of more effective and efficient health care service delivery
- Advance clinical practices in priority health care areas identified in Ontario’s Action Plan for Health Care
- Integrate evidence into professional practice
- Assist health care professionals to become change agents and to adapt to changing expectations and patient health care needs
This year the fund will provide grants for professional development opportunities completed between April 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Please note that the 2014/2015 funding year will begin on April 1, 2014.
Allied Health Professionals Eligible for Funding